these turned out even better than i hoped. my nana makes a big batch of sausage balls for the holidays every year, and they make for the best snacking. since needing to go gluten free, i've worried about some of my holiday favorites. luckily, this one is saved:
gluten free sausage balls
- 3/4 cups gluten free bisquick
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 oz. of bulk sausage (i used pork)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. crushed, dried rosemary leaves
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. chopped, fresh parsley
turn oven on to 350 degrees. in a large bowl, combine and stir all ingredients. spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray, and form 1 inch balls with the mixture. line them up on the cookie sheet, and bake uncovered for 22-26 minutes until golden brown. serve warm.
(original found here)
i used jimmy dean hot sausage for a little kick and sharp cheddar for extra flavor. these are really easy and delicious!